October 21, 2010
to the City of
1. If you are speaking under the Public Hearings, Appeals or Open Forum sections of the agenda, please observe the time limits indicated on the agenda.
2. Placards and posters are not permitted in the Chamber. Applause is not permitted except in connection with Awards and Presentations.
3. Please do not address Council from your seat. If asked by Council to speak to an issue, please do so from the podium.
4. Please do not pass notes to Council during the meeting.
5. Please be courteous to other members of the audience by keeping side conversations to a minimum.
6. The Fire Code prohibits anyone from standing in the aisles or in the back of the room.
7. If other seating is available, please do not occupy the seats reserved for individuals who are deaf/hard of hearing.
GENERAL AGENDA INFORMATION
your convenience, a copy of the agenda material is available for your review at
the Main Library,
If you are deaf/hard of hearing and require the services of an interpreter, please contact the City Clerk, 893-7448, or call our TDD Number, 892-5259, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting and we will provide that service for you.
October 21, 2010
A. Meeting Called to Order and Roll Call.
Invocation and Pledge to the Flag of the
B. Approval of Agenda with Additions and Deletions.
C. Consent Agenda (see attached)
Ordinances - (First
Setting November 4, 2010 as the public hearing date for the following proposed Ordinance(s):
1. Ordinance substantially revising the "ordinance of general applicability" relating to communications service providers, codified as Article X of Chapter 25, City Code, and repealing Code provisions relating to cable television rate regulations, found in Article VIII of Chapter 17 of the City Code.
2. Ordinance amending Sections 22-254(d) and 22-256(s) of the St. Petersburg City Code relating to the 1984 Supplemental Police Officer's Retirement System to provide circumstances under which a member may receive creditable service for previous employment and military service; and to provide for the refund of employee contributions for members actively employed on March 12, 1999 and thereafter who terminate employment with less than ten years of service.
3. Ordinance amending Chapter 26 of the St. Petersburg City Code, pursuant to Section 316.1951(4), Florida Statutes, to authorize the City to have towed and to impound vehicles unlawfully displayed for sale, hire, or rental; and providing for the assessment of a fine.
4. Ordinance creating Section 26-163 of the St. Petersburg City Code; creating a process for the POD to immobilize vehicles for unpaid parking citations; requiring that Notice of Immobilization be attached to the immobilized vehicle; establishing the requirement to pay all parking fines and administrative charges to have the immobilization device removed; providing for impounding and towing any immobilized vehicle for which the fines and charges have not been paid within 24 hours after immobilization; creating a process to appeal the immobilization of a vehicle; establishing a fee for the removal of the immobilization device; specifying the penalty for the unauthorized removal of the immobilization device; and applying this Section against all parking fines which are unpaid as of the effective date of this ordinance.
F. New Business
G. Council Committee Reports
I. Public Hearings and Quasi-Judicial Proceedings - 6:00 P.M.
NOTE: The following Public Hearing items have been submitted for consideration by the City Council. If you wish to speak on any of the Public Hearing items, please obtain one of the YELLOW cards from the containers on the wall outside of Council Chamber, fill it out as directed, and present it to the Clerk. You will be given 3 minutes ONLY to state your position on any item but may address more than one item.
4. Ordinance 1020-V approving the vacation of the 25-foot wide street easement lying within the west 25 feet of Lot 1, Block 1, Pease Replat, located at 995 - 16th Street North. (City File 10-33000002)
(a) Ordinance 999-G amending the Comprehensive Plan to implement legislative requirements of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, related to the annual update of the Capital Improvements Element.
(b) Resolution transmitting the proposed amendment for state, regional and county review, in accordance with Chapter 163, F.S., and Rule 9J-11, F.A.C.
J. Open Forum
If you wish to address City Council on
subjects other than public hearing or quasi-judicial items listed on this
agenda, please sign up with the Clerk prior to the meeting. Only the individual wishing to speak may sign
the Open Forum sheet and only City residents, owners of property in the City,
owners of businesses in the City or their employees may speak. All issues discussed under Open Forum must be
limited to issues related to the City of
Speakers will be called to address Council according to the order in which they sign the Open Forum sheet. In order to provide an opportunity for all citizens to address Council, each individual will be given three (3) minutes. The nature of the speakers' comments will determine the manner in which the response will be provided. The response will be provided by City staff and may be in the form of a letter or a follow-up phone call depending on the request.
On Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 4:30 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the same may be heard, an attorney-client session, pursuant to Florida Statute 286.011(8), will be held in conjunction with the lawsuit styled Trina Barnes, etc. v. City of St. Petersburg Case No. 10-108CI-8. The session will be held in City Council Chambers, 175 Fifth Street North, St. Petersburg, Florida. Any or all of the following persons will be attending: Leslie Curran, Chair; Herbert E. Polson, Vice Chair; James Kennedy; Bill Dudley; Steve Kornell; Karl Nurse; Wengay "Newt" Newton; Jeff Danner; Mayor Bill Foster; John C. Wolfe, City Attorney; Mark A. Winn, Chief Assistant City Attorney; and Joseph P. Patner, Assistant City Attorney. The session will be closed and only those persons described above, together with a certified court reporter, will be allowed to be present. The subject matter of the meeting shall be confined to settlement negotiations and/or strategy related to litigation expenditures. At the conclusion of the session the meeting will be re-opened and the session will be terminated.
Consent Agenda I
Consent Agenda A
October 21, 2010
NOTE: Business items listed on the yellow Consent Agenda cost more than one-half million dollars while the blue Consent Agenda includes routine business items costing less than that amount.
1. Approving the purchase of annual service agreements from Oracle USA, Inc., a sole source supplier, for the Oracle eBusiness Suite, Oracle Work and Asset Management applications, Oracle Spatial, and other Oracle technology products for the ICS department at a total cost of $503,349.18.
Consent Agenda II
Consent Agenda B
NOTE: The Consent Agenda contains normal, routine business items that are very likely to be approved by the City Council by a single motion. Council questions on these items were answered prior to the meeting. Each Councilmember may, however, defer any item for added discussion at a later time.
4. Authorizing the Mayor to execute a Lease Agreement with Robert N. Lynch, as Bishop of the Diocese of St. Petersburg, a Corporation Sole to allow use of a ±4,000 sq. ft. portion of land located within its property at approximately 200 - 78th Avenue Northeast, St. Petersburg, as a community playground for an initial period of fifteen (15) years, at no cost to the City.
5. Authorizing the Mayor to execute a five (5) year License Agreement with Carol M. Wilson, Trustee, to fence a portion of the City's Cosme Spur Line Property located at the northeast corner of Gunn Highway (S.R. 587) and Copeland Road in Hillsborough County.
(Leisure & Community Services)
7. Authorizing the Mayor or his designee to execute Supplemental Agreement No. 1 to Contract AP335-R2 between the City and the State of Florida Department of Transportation ("FDOT") to provide grounds maintenance for certain highway and parkway facilities within FDOTs right-of-way in, and adjacent to, the City in the amount of $13,219.80 and all other documents necessary to effectuate this transaction; and approving a supplemental appropriation in the amount of $13,219.80 in the General Fund (0001) to FDOT Contract Maintenance.
8. Authorizing the Mayor or his designee to execute Amendment No. 1 to Task Order CID-09-01-AEI to the agreement between the City of St. Petersburg and Affiliated Engineers, Inc. (AEI) in the amount of $188,525 for electrical and engineering design services related to the design of the Solar Parks Initiative Grant project, for a total not to exceed amount of $243,125. (Engineering Project No. 10237-017; Oracle no. 12710)
9. Confirming the appointment of Dennis R. DeLoach III and Deborah Close as regular members to the Commission on Aging to fill unexpired three-year terms ending December 31, 2010 and December 31, 2011, respectively.
Note: An abbreviated listing of upcoming City Council meetings.
Budget, Finance & Taxation Committee
Thursday, October 14, 2010, 8:00 a.m., Room 100
Public Services & Infrastructure Committee
Thursday, October 14, 2010, 9:15 a.m., Room 100
Arts Funding Committee
Thursday, October 14, 2010, 11:00 a.m., Room 100
CRA/Agenda Review & Administrative Updates (10/21/10)
Thursday, October 14, 2010, 1:30 p.m., Room 100
City Council Meeting
Thursday, October 14, 2010, 3:00 p.m., Council Chamber
City Council Workshop Social Services
Thursday, October 28, 2010, immediately following Agenda Review, Room 100
Budget, Finance & Taxation Committee
Wednesday, November 10, 2010, 8:00 a.m., Room 100
Legislative Affairs & Intergovernmental Relations Committee
Wednesday, November 10, 2010, 9:30 a.m., Room 100
City Council Workshop Mahaffey Theater RFP/Port RFP
Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 10:00 a.m., Room 100
3 Regular Members
(Terms expire 12/31/10, 12/31/11 & 12/31/12)
Code Enforcement Board
1 Regular Member (Architect category)
(Term expires 12/31/11)
Nuisance Abatement Board
1 Alternate Member
(Term expires 8/31/10)